Saturday, September 25, 2010

Part 3

Richard III

My men in number

We can take Henry in slumber

My men he could never encumber

We surely do outnumber

I’ve locked in the tower the heirs to be the king

Now on my hand I wear that ring

To symbolize the power I bring

And the death that was given to the young childling

The War of the Roses was started by me

My father’s life taken early

My life just starting to be

The path I was going to take I began to see

This battle I fight won’t last too long

With all my men it will move right along

Hopefully the battle will not prolong

The journey to the throne where I obviously belong

Those men of Henry’s are much lesser than we

A victory for us is a guarantee

And kill the survivors for all to see

That death was their last and worst fee

Surrounded am I by my enemy’s men

Their once small army seems multiplied by ten

There’s nowhere to hide and no little den

To keep me safe like a skittish hen

I swing my battle axe round and round

For one last try before I hear the sound

Of my own life ending and falling to the ground

Tis a shame to me that I will never be crowned

Today by the enemy I’ve been slain

They surround me in circles and their necks are craned

Where the dead man’s lifeless body is lain

Richard III will ne’er come again.




Henry Tudor

Henry, the king so loyal

With a steadfast heart

Had even in turmoil

Stayed so grounded

Right-wise a king was he

So love-ed by his people

Keeping his land in tranquility

Was welcomed through all the land

He change-ed the land

And thanked by all

Welcome HenryTudor a man so grand

Who saved the people with his own hands

The innocent saved

Their lives were spared

By Henry who braved

The Battle of Bosworth Field for all the land

The man come back from an exile was he

Begotten with revenge the Henry came

To fight a war to forever be free

His life he wanted back so strong

A Monday to Henry was that to be

Lancaster lead by Lord Stanley to Newcastle they went

Sir William followed with the Cheshire army

To fight Richard the third they so strongly wanted

Several days are leapt to the one

That triumph cried for Henry’s brigade

That battle with less men they won

With more heart than Richard could ever dream of

Lord Stanley sat upon a right high hill

To see the enemy condensing down below him

He planned the strategy for the righteous kill

That day at Bosworth Field

Lord Strange had been captured

Prepared for his untimely death

His enemies around him they gathered

To see his life finished off for good

The battle had been won

Henry Tudor was back

The loud voice of the crowd cried ”King Henry” as one

And life was good once again


Navy Blue- http://www.r3.org/bosworth/ballad2.html

Red- http://www.r3.org/bosworth/ballad.html

Green- http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/historic_figures/richard_iii_king.shtml

Sky Blue- http://www.richard111.com/bosworth1.htm

1 comment:

  1. Nice writing; I would like to see more of a line-by-line or stanza-by-stanza breakdown of sources and citations.

    ReplyDelete